Followers

New Updating collection interior design and decorating ideas online, including kitchens, bathrooms, Basic Interior, Bathroom Interior, Bedroom Interior, Cabinets, Cafe interior, Countertops, Dinning Interior, Fireplace, Games Rooms, Home Ceiling Design, Home
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Inexpensively done!

I adore one of a kind pieces of art, the only issue for me is the budget. Would I love to scoop up every piece of art at my favorite gallery? You bet, but that's not an option right now. {I'm saving for my bungalow by the sea, remember?}. It will be an amazing feeling when I can buy an original but for now I get creative.

Here are some of my favorite ways to inexpensively incorporate art into your home.




1. Image one: Purchase from a budding artist
The adorable dog photo is my newest piece. The students at Endicott College recently had an art show. I fell in love with that dog and I knew my son would too.  I bought this photo from an art student, students are always up for selling their pieces.

The top image was purchased from a street artist in Saint Tropez. I always try to purchase at least one original piece when I travel. Besides taking photos it's the perfect way to preserve the memory of your trip.

2. Image two: #3 - Paint your own work of art.
This was originally a four that I had painted back in September. One of the first things I did after my break-up in October was to change it to a three! I actually like the three better. I will keep this forever as reminder of my crazy and unexpected journey in 2010. Seven months is a relatively short period of time, but I'm a different person today then I was last Fall!

3. Image three: Frame children's artwork - It's loose and free, I love it.
 A snap shot of my art wall. This wall is a mix of pieces, it includes two paintings by my three year old son!


4. Image four: Frame a piece of block printed wrapping paper or any other found graphic you love.
I've always loved the organic quality of Faux Bois. I purchased this paper with the intention of wrapping a gift, but I decided to frame it instead. p.s. Ikea sells a number of inexpensive frames, that
is what I've used in this photo.

5.  Image five: Shop on Etsy for art. It is an amazing online resource.
I blogged about this print a couple of months ago. It's from Siiso via Etsy. She will also make custom prints on canvas. 






Images: 2,3,4 -by Bellini Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Blog Archive