Followers

New Updating collection interior design and decorating ideas online, including kitchens, bathrooms, Basic Interior, Bathroom Interior, Bedroom Interior, Cabinets, Cafe interior, Countertops, Dinning Interior, Fireplace, Games Rooms, Home Ceiling Design, Home
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Inspired!


By the fashion house Marchesa and their intricately designed evening wear.  Designers Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig were ultimately influenced by fashion muse Marchesa Casati. {1881-1957}. Marchesa Casati desired to be a "living work of art." The vintage inspired and highly detailed creations are elegant but edgy; pictured are designs from their Fall, Resort and Spring Collections. I especially adore their gorgeous handbags. As most of you know, I've slowly been designing and sharing my home with you. I love to use my house as a design laboratory of sorts. I'm currently focusing on completing my dining room and after seeing this crystal purse pictured above I am now completely convinced I need to add a bit more drama to the room with a crystal chandelier.. It may be modern or vintage, I'm not sure, what I do know is it needs to glamorous! I love to entertain, so i want to create a space that feels special but relaxed. It is going to be a mix of casual and refined elements. I can't wait to finish and share it...




Some crystal beauties...




I would even be open to a vintage murano look...not sure my wallet is ready for that though. We'll see what I find! I love the thrill of the hunt. I know most of you do too

images: Decor Pad, Coastal Living

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Blog Archive