Followers

New Updating collection interior design and decorating ideas online, including kitchens, bathrooms, Basic Interior, Bathroom Interior, Bedroom Interior, Cabinets, Cafe interior, Countertops, Dinning Interior, Fireplace, Games Rooms, Home Ceiling Design, Home
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

New Feature-'Art and Crafts of India: Dokra Art'

India is a country with rich art & craft heritage. I personally love the various art & crafts and try to incorporate them in my home.

I have started a new feature, where I'll be highlighting an India art or craft.

My first post is 'Dokra Art'
It's an ancient art of casting metal using the lost-wax method. The tribals from India make amazing idols & figures of Gods & Godesses, Animals, Birds and also their daily lives.

Above is a Dokra idol of 'Goddess Kali' in my home.

'The Owl' occasionally sits on my crockery sideboard.

Animal figures in my daughter's bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog